Fidget spinners users have been warned about the use of Fidget Spinners after the small discs of a spinner fell off and landed in a young child’s mouth. An X Ray was taken at the Hospital the child went to, showing the disc in the child’s stomach.
The mum jumped onto social media straight away and shared:
“Parents of fidget spinners beware … our son swallowed the disc of a fidget spinner last night and ended up in RNSH Emergency.”
“The side of the spinner was cracked and when he spun it, the disc flew in his mouth and before he realized he swallowed it! He had it for less than 48 hours.”
“Ours are now in the bin and just want to make you all aware of what can happen with these things. He has to pass it within two days or we’re looking at alternative methods of extraction.”
Parents and children of fidget spinner users are now warned the dangers of these toys, and need to use them safely.